· Search
· Statistics
· Your Account

Total Hits

We received
page views since 2007 09 03

AdTwr2

My70sRadio :: View topic - Search Features Added
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Private MessagesPrivate Messages   Log inLog in 

Search Features Added

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    My70sRadio Forum Index -> Playlist
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tjoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 2008 03 16 - 11:14 am    Post subject: Search Features Added Reply with quote

Search Features Added - Mar 15

I retagged every song in the entire playlist, giving them some easier searching capability. If you are in the mood for Disco, you don't have to search the entire list for artist names that sound familiar. Now you can just type "disco" in the Search Playlist box and press enter. All songs that I have tagged as Disco will show up for easier selection. I also put these tags as links on the requesting page for one-click access.

Here is a list of the tags and how I define them:
    Rock - Harder Rocking music than the RockPop category
    RockNRoll - Closer to the era when it was really called that - Elvis for example
    RockPop - Rock-n-Roll that was mostly heard on the top-40 radio stations
    Pop - Closer to BubbleGum rock than the RockPop category
    Jazz - Lost of brass
    Electronic - More Electronic instruments used for the music - MECO's Cantina Band for example
    Disco - Music with a driving dance beat usually made from Jazz or Electronic, but some songs I still categorize as Disco without having that beat - More Than A Woman for example.
    Easy - Music on the Easy Listening side
    Country - If the song has some country element to it, or is pure country
    Progressive - Music in more of an artistic flare, avoiding common popular music song structures
    TV - a theme song from a Television show in the 70s
    Movie - Music from a movie in the 70s
    Musical - Music from Musical Plays - whether they were turned into movies or not
    Comedy - Standup routines or songs meant to make you laugh
    Children - Music geared to very young ears, that will bring back wonderful memories to you now
    Techno - is a form of electronic dance music, usually including those fast digital drums.
    TranceTrance music is a form of electronic and techno and is generally characterized by a tempo of between 130 and 160 BPM, featuring repeating melodic synthesizer phrases, and a musical form that builds up and down throughout a track.
Tjoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: 2010 02 17 - 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now you can search by Donator name too! Type their name into the search box and all of the songs they've donated will the result. To see a list of all donators, go to the Donators page Smile
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    My70sRadio Forum Index -> Playlist All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: