Debut - DJ TechG's "Storm In Your Ear"

Open discussions about anything (within reason, please - admins and mods WILL delete offensive material!)
admin
Site Admin

Debut - DJ TechG's "Storm In Your Ear"

Post by admin » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:55 pm

Original post from TechGnome, June 3, 2009

Hey, hey, hey out there!

Y'all are the first to publicly hear the first of my latest recordings (ok, so they are my ONLY recordings....) At any rate, here they are...

01 - Storm on the Horizon.mp3
02 - Tripping Through.mp3
03 - Aurial.mp3

And I expect any and all feedback to be honest. If you don't like it, say so, but at least say why.... if you think it's crap... say so... I'll be the first admit that it's probably not the best, but given what I've got, I don't think it's half bad (may only be half good...not sure what the ether half is though). I welcome any and all criticisms... anything that might help improve.

-TG

SunshineGirl: Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:35 am
I really liked them but #1 was my favorite. Very soothing!

Tjoe: Jun 4, 2009
lol - All I could think of when I saw the title of the first one was that you'd be singing different words to the Deep Purple song: Smoke On The Water :P

So... I'm listening now and the first thing that popped into my head was: BLUE MAN GROUP!!

So, what are you using to make the music?

It's very cool - I like the mix of funkadelic and techGno.

Are the 2nd and 3rd ones different cuts of the same one?

TechGnome: Thu Jun 04, 2009 8:57 am
I can see the BMG reference...

Currently I'm using a trial version of a software called "Sony Acid" it's a mixing studio application.... you can drop in various tracks, and manipulate them... it's pretty sweet. All of the tracks I used were the sample ones that came with the app....

The 2nd & 3rd ones are not different cuts of the first.... they are all different. The problem is that there's a rippling drumming sound (probably where the BMG sound comes from - only it's a guitar) that I just love and so I've used it as the bass line for all of the tracks. I'm working on #4 where I'm trying to get away from that.

I'm glad you guys liked it. I know that type of stuff isn't a lot of people's cup of tea, so I'm a bit nervous about putting it out there - my wife though it was OK.... but she only listened to the first two minutes of the first one.... so... eh...

My trial version runs out at the end of the month, so I'm going to try to make as many of these as I can before it runs out. I've found a free version of a similar application, but it's not nearly as user-friendly, and it's limited to 16 tracks, while Acid allows a lot more (#1 used 22 tracks if I remember right).

-tg

SunshineGirl: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:46 am
This music reminds me a lot of what you would hear on Jeric's Entrancedfm station.